CURBSIDE Recycling COLLECTION
Recycling should be a part of everyone’s daily routine as Fort Pierce work together to reduce waste and conserve natural resources. With "Do More Blue" single stream recycling families are able to recycle various types of paper, glass, aluminum, cardboard, steel cans and plastic. Just recycle & roll!
Leave items loose in your recycle cart. Do not bag your recyclables.
Cart Placement Tips
- Place cart at curb the night before your designated pickup day, or by 7 AM. Cart must be removed from the curb by end of service day.
- 5’ apart with lids opening toward the street.
- 5’ from cars, trees, mailboxes, fences, utility boxes and other objects.
- Leave items free and loose (not bagged / no plastic bags).
- Only the listed items in this brochure are accepted in your blue recycle cart.
- All recyclable material must be inside the cart for collection. Items left outside the recycle cart will be collected on your bulk pickup day.
- Ensure your cart lid is down to prevent items from getting wet. Please DO NOT OVERLOAD carts.
FLATTEN BOXES Remember to break down and flatten cardboard boxes prior to your blue recycle cart. Some boxes are too large to fit into your cart. Stack them neatly curbside and they will be collected with your bulk collection.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
DO NOT RECYCLE
No Plastic Bags
No Paper Towels or Tissue
No Bottle Caps
No Food / Clothing / Shoes
No Batteries or Hazardous Waste
No Garden Hoses / Wood
No Propane or helium tanks
No shrink Wrap or Styrofoam